“KAMIK 125 YEARS, 125 PAIRS CONTEST”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- The “Kamik 125 years, 125 pairs Contest” is sponsored by Kamik Canada Inc., 1940, 55th Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H3 (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs on the Internet from DATE, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) to December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Contest Organizers shall be the official timekeepers for the Contest. These Official Rules govern the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by laws or regulations. Contest Organizers reserve the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of Contest Organizers on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.
- The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents and to legal residents of the United States (the 50 states and the District of Columbia only) (the “Territory”) who have reached the age of majority in their province, state or territory of residence. Employees, representatives, influencers, spokespeople and agents of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of material and services related to this Contest, as well as immediate family and household members of all the foregoing, are not eligible. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not.
In order to enter the Contest or receive a prize, entrants must fully comply with and agree to be bound by the Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, entrants represent and warrant that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules, limitation on rights and remedies, and Contest Organizers’ decisions, which shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary.
- To enter, go to Kamik’s website 125th anniversary page at: https://125.kamik.com/#contestform or scan the 125th Kamik anniversary QR code found on Kamik footwear packaging, which will lead you to the Contest Registration form, and proceed as follows. Fill out the Registration form by entering all required fields: first name, last name, email address, city, country and preferred language of communication. Click the appropriate button to declare that you have reached the relevant age of majority for your location and that you have read and agreed to these Official Rules. You also may opt in to receive commercial electronic communications about Kamik (optional). Click on “Enter”. A message will appear to confirm your registration in the Contest. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest.
- Limits. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and per email address for the Contest Period. A person cannot enter with more than one email address. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entrants or entries in excess of the stated limits.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an individual who actually submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Use of mobile device for entry. Message and data rates apply to use of mobile device for entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan before participating via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
- There are one hundred twenty-five (125) prizes to be won, each consisting of a $250 Kamik e-voucher.
- The following conditions apply to the prizes:
- The e-voucher is redeemable only on Kamik.com Canada English or Canada French, or kamik.com United States, depending on your place of residence, no later than March 31, 2024;
- The e-voucher is applicable before any relevant sales taxes or shipping costs on your purchase;
- All amounts are in Canadian dollars for Canadian residents and in US dollars for US residents;
- The e-voucher is not transferrable. When redeeming the e-voucher, the winner must use the same email address used to redeem the Prize;
- E-voucher cannot be used in combination with any other offer and is one-time use only;
- Kamik’s return policy available at https://www.kamik.com/b2c_ca_en/returns/ or https://www.kamik.com/b2c_us_en/returns/ will apply to the prize. In the event Entrant returns, in accordance with Kamik’s return policy, the totality of his/her purchase made using the voucher, the Entrant will have fifteen (15) days following Kamik’s email confirmation that the returned products have been received to use the voucher on a new purchase, otherwise the voucher will be void; In order to complete the purchase, any excess amount will be charged and paid for by the winner. Should the winner choose an item with a value of less than the amount provided on the voucher, the winner will not be entitled to the difference and will not be entitled to a credit on future purchase. Instead, the remaining value of the voucher is forfeited at the time of use of the voucher.
- At around noon (ET) on January 11, 2024, at the Office of the Contest Organizers located in Montreal, Quebec, a random draw of one hundred twenty-five (125) eligible entries will be held among all entries received during the Contest Period to award the prizes described above.
- Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant’s entry being selected for a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period for the whole Territory. Limit of one (1) prize per entrant and per residence during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF ENTRANT RECEIVES A MESSAGE SAYING HE OR SHE WON, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- To be declared the winner, a selected entrant must:
- Respond to the Contest Organizers’ attempt to notify by email and reply in accordance with the instructions given in the message. Reply must be within 7 days of its date of sending;
- Upon request and in a timely manner and if the Contest Organizers decide that it is necessary to confirm their eligibility to the Contest, provide the necessary information and documents to verify his/her identity, eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules within the time framed designated by the Contest Organizers;
- For Canadian entrants, have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question appearing on the email sent by Contest Organizers.
- Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Official Rules or to accept the prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified and to forfeit any claim to have won a prize. In such a case, the Contest Organizers, in their sole discretion, may choose to hold a new draw, in accordance with these Official Rules, from the remaining eligible entrants to select and declare a new winner. Contest Organizers reserve the right to modify the notification and Declaration procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Any forfeited or unclaimed prize(s) may not be awarded, in Contest Organizers’ sole discretion.
- Within two (2) to four (4) weeks following the moment selected entrants are declared winners, the Contest Organizers will send them the e-voucher by email. If winners do not receive their prize, they can contact the Contest Organizers via the following page: https://www.kamik.com/pages/contact.
- No Tampering, Right To Cancel, Modify: Contest Organizers shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, intercepted, misdelivered, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human, or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in participating in this Contest or claiming the prize; (d) Internet, telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (e) typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer, network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, in the processing of entries, in the selection or announcement of winners or in the awarding of prizes; (f) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (g) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics, terrorism, weather, or any other similar event beyond Contest Organizers’ reasonable control; or (h) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Contest.
If for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, phone malfunctions, or any other causes beyond Contest Organizers’ control, which affects the proper conduct of the Contest, Contest Organizers reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest. In such event, Contest Organizers may, in their sole discretion, award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period up to the moment of cancellation or suspension. Prizes not awarded may be cancelled, in Contest Organizers’ sole discretion. Contest Organizers also reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website and/or any related website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entry and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws. Use (or attempted use) of multiple emails or any automated system, bots, macros or other similar systems or techniques to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and could be grounds for disqualification by the Contest Organizers, in their sole discretion.
- Acceptance of the prize. Each prize must be accepted as described in these Official Rules and may not, in any case, be transferred to another person, or replaced by another prize, except as provided in the Official Rules or at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers.
- Substitution of Prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize as indicated in the Contest Rules. No refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of prize or its elements permitted by winner.
- Taxes. As the case may be, all reporting and payment of federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Internet and Websites. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Internet, or Kamik’s website will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
- Liability limit:
- Conduct of the Contest. The Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) disclaim all liability for any of the following , which may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
- Participation in the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, persons who enter or try to enter this Contest indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Contest Organizers have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes.
- Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more than the 125 prizes described above or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Authorization. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, the winners authorize the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if applicable, their names, photograph, image voice, avatar, place of residence, or comment regarding the prize for publicity purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Contest Organizers, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, social media, World Wide Web, or virtual platforms, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Official Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ discretion.
- Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Official Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Registration form. If such entrant is selected and declared a winner, the prize will be awarded to this person.
- Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal.
- Litigation. This Contest and all obligations hereunder are governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada. Any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively before a court having competent jurisdiction located in the district of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Unenforceability. If a section of the Official Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- Winners: To obtain the list of winners, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Kamik Canada Inc., 1940, 55th Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H3. Requests must be received no later than February 28, 2024.
- Rules Requests: The Official Rules are available online at: https://125.kamik.com/#contestform
- Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.